St Pauls

St Pauls
Recently selected by Rebecca Wilson

Thursday 27 October 2011

Reworking

I think that I have been too tentative with these new paintings, and increasingly I'm concerned about the adhesion of the paint to this new surface.  In thinly applied areas the paint easily lifts and I'm worried about the longevity of these paintings.  To counteract that I started another painting of Johanna in the unprimed board surface and thought that the result was much more exciting.  Especially as the ground colour gave the whole image a new cohesion.


I have also experimented with a new green and have started to explore the possibilities of making these images predominantly using two complementaries.  


Dissatisfied with the overall thinness of the paint film, I attacked these images today with squeegeed paint, producing a much more seductive colour area that I hope will be a better counterpoint to the figuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment